Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* If you find that alcohol consumption is an important part of your life, rethink how you spend your time. Renew old friendships and build new relationships with people who do not drink. Develop a new hobby or join an organization to avoid boredom and develop new interests. If you find that you use alcohol as an emotional substance, look for healthy alternatives and new coping strategies such as exercise, discussion, journaling or therapy. If you, a friend or family member, have an alcohol problem and want to know how to stop drinking, we can offer you support and solutions.
* The Holy Spirit who touches you has a perfect meaning. Watch my own behaviors that do not serve me. What a beautiful reflection on the way the Spirit pushes us and grows. Thank you for giving words to "let go" and "give" that are held without legalism but are firm and stable. It's a type of grace. Thank you for sharing. Thank you, Lwill have Jean - it's a difficult tension to endure but learning to do it has been important, I agree.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* If someone feels that God is calling him to give up anything that could be a habit coffee or soft drink included, Ron simply encourages him to obey. Maybe someone has a time management problem or has he put some physical element in a place that is too important in his life? Habits can be positive or negative in our lives. It does not do anything wrong to participate or to engage everyone. It's a personal conviction.
* Over time, less water in the body leads to noticundesirable effects, such as dry, dry skin, red and pink cheeks, dandruff and eczema. After kicking the sauce, you should see a great improvement in the quality of your skin. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means that water comes out of the body. Not so much cause that force . In short, it is drastically disinfecting. It decreases the production of a hormone that helps the body absorb and retain water.
* Nobody does it with coffee, for example. Because we have never made coffee a big spiritual problem. And in circles where drinking alcohol is not an enormous spiritual problem, as with most Catholics, it's the same as coffee. Some people like it and take a cup. Some people do not do it. And no one is worried about it. The same goes for a glass of wine or beer in my husband's Catholic family and among the staff of the Catholic school I worked with - I have it or not.
* He is now a lean 53 pounds. Kobzoff, who lives in California, recently posted the photo above before-after at Reddit, claiming that a year without alcohol has made him 1000 times happier . The post exploded. We asked him how he was finally sober - and why his friends may or may not hate him now that he is "in good health". Congratulations for losing your bowel, but why did you lose your beard? I was sad enough to see him go.
Buzzfit looks at the top five warning signs of alcoholism.