Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* One of the saddest things in our current culture for me is the big woohoo bragging done by popular Christians / speakers / writers on social media about their drinking. It excites me and I can only imagine how that weakens their influence among the lost. I was raised in a christian house. Parent did not drink. I did not think much of it before my last year of high school. . I was a "social drinker" from 18 years old.
* I like this part about cynicism too ... that hit a nerve. I am often in my ego, being an all knowing and acting by pretending not to be. I will ask God to help me with that too. This is an incredible testimony ... my weight is the cell phone that led me deep into the sin ... my God it's so amazing .. It's His Grace and it's so obvious in that .. thanks, thanks for sharing .. I posted on my page for my friends.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* We learn compassion for ourselves and, by extension, we should extend that to others when we realize what pain means consciously. Sometimes this means a surgical removal like the trip above. For many people, this means accountability so as not to slip into the old way of doing things and determine not to stop something but to put something better in its place. be careful that God really tells us in our hearts and minds, then we believe that making tough choices will improve over time.
* In addition, I think what she says is that we need to be aware of the "weaker neighbor" at Romans 15. This is not just about drinking, either. This could include eating, smoking, swearing ... We have grace and freedom AMEN, but we are also supposed to value others more than us Phil 2 3. That's a good point. Just to clarify There is certainly nothing wrong with not drinking, but the spirit clearly prompts some people to drink and enjoy, in my case 15-20 glasses a week most weeks without consequences.
* If I do not drink soda or coffee, is it a spiritual thing? I hardly drink soda and I do not drink anything with coffee for reasons of health. I stopped the coffee two years ago without a spiritual crisis. And I do not need to explain myself to anyone. Protestant Christians have turned alcohol among other things into a big spiritual issue, whether they drink it or not. If we stop this, then we would not have all the trouble Ron quotes here where she feels like she could not give up as she would be left out or worried about what the others thought or felt that there was pressure to drink alcohol.
* Research suggests that it is because alcohol overexpresses the immune system. In fact, some studies have shown that a single episode of excessive alcohol intoxication causes an effort on the immune system and inflammation. The good news is that it can be reversed. After stopping drinking, the response of your immune system will be strengthened over time. If you try to have children, your chances will be better once you stop drinking because alcohol reduces fertility.
* Our God sees hearts - hearts that fight for faith and the gospel - and he breaks. He sees your heart too. He sees your heart wishing and strivingfor holiness. And I think He's pretty impressed if God can be impressed with your essay - the first one and this follow-up! And He will bless you with a greater sense of holiness. Pay attention! He ends you, his daughter a little closer now! It was incredibly convincing for me.
The NHS could save £27m a year by changing the way it deals with alcoholic patients, new research seen by the Victoria Derbyshire programme suggests.