Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* If I do not drink soda or coffee, is it a spiritual thing? I hardly drink soda and I do not drink anything with coffee for reasons of health. I stopped the coffee two years ago without a spiritual crisis. And I do not need to explain myself to anyone. Protestant Christians have turned alcohol among other things into a big spiritual issue, whether they drink it or not. If we stop this, then we would not have all the trouble Ron quotes here where she feels like she could not give up as she would be left out or worried about what the others thought or felt that there was pressure to drink alcohol.
* It's not always a question of not drinking, although if you do not want to go. If you love wine and can handle it, then for the sake of God, drink it without feeling guilty. I will drink 15-20 beers and whiskeys a week, always, and very probably always. I do not think Bessey said everyone should stop drinking. It responded to the prompting of the Spirit. And it is not necessary to be an alcoholic or problem drinker for the Spirit to encourage someone to stop drinking alcohol.
* I was surprised by the recoil I would receive from the believers who were now walking in "freedom" that I did not drink ... they just assumed I was walking in bondage ... but it was really freedom for me. During all these years, I have seen more and more drinking being part of all social gatherings ... I do not want to judge ... that just makes me think .. . Why? I like your comments, being a teenager in the '70s when the alcohol was cool, if you got it for everyone you were cool, then I saw the change afterwards the 70s, 80s and 90s blown.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* The good news is that after reaching a peak about 72 hours after the last drink, the last of these Symptoms will generally begin to subside. At this point, your body begins to create a new balance that does not include alcohol and its effects. While your body will have adjusted after a week of not drinking, there may be some psychological effects of detox that last longer. Some people report feelings of anger and aggression, general anxiety and depression, nightmares and difficulty sleeping, and even a decrease in libido.
* So, even if you have trouble falling asleep at the beginning when you stop drinking, you will be refreshed the next day. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means that water comes out of the body. Not so much cause that force . In short, it is drastically disinfecting. It decreases the production of a hormone that helps the body absorb and retain water. That's why water is needed during a hangover.
* I felt the pain and depression leaving my heart and mind, and like you, Ron, I felt free. The crushing weight was gone, and thank God he never came back. I joined the support group for a while, hoping to share the wonderful freedom that I had found, but the members only seemed to want to wallow in their pain, so as not to be liberated. s. I left the group and glorified in my weightlessness found without this terrible burden.
* Examples include most fruits and vegetables, soups made from broth, salads and whole grains. This will help you eat fewer foods with higher energy densities later in the meal, as these foods will help you meet your calorie needs. Foods high in fat or sugar tend to have the highest energy density, such as fatty meats, desserts and many processed foods. If you want to make sure you lose as much fat as possible and do not lose too much of your weightmuscle, you will need to exercise as well as cut down on alcohol and other high-calorie foods.
* Let's get rid of what happens to your body once you stop drinking. There are many reasons to stop drinking alcohol. Maybe you can not party as hard as you've done, and the hangover gets worse. Maybe you have developed a beer belly. There may be a deeper question at stake and you do not want your consumption to go out of control before it's a problem - unless it's already happening and you're not. do not realize.
* To be more effective, recovery can not be an individual pursuit, or an effort of cooperation with God, but must also involve other humans in healing. Ron. I like that in so many ways. One of them is very personal. I had a similar "punch" with the Spirit at the beginning of January - he asked me to ask it for a month. I did. Then we went on vacay and I had three cocktails for eleven days. I did not like the way that made me feel.
Dealing with ocd and alcohols involvement.