Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* High doses of alcohol suppress the ability to multiply white blood cells, inhibit the action of killer white blood cells on cancer cells and decrease the ability of macrophages to produce tumor necrosis factors. No longer hangover as you get older, your body begins to become less effective at breaking down a hangover causing toxins. For those who have experienced a terrible hangover, we do not really need to say it here. It's just not worth it.
* I began to realize that I was not a special snowflake in some way or another immune to addiction and dependency. I started to see what my parents still hadI saw it because I started to see it in myself. And again the Holy Spirit was sitting with me, waiting for me to trust this invitation. Not to moderation, not to leniency, not to "count drinks" or "record" or reasonable. No, I had no illusions, it would be a total surrender, the imposition of my preferences and my rights to embrace what could be better.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* Will You Remember Things You've already gone out for a night of drinking and do not remember the night? Or maybe even did not remember pieces? Well, it will not happen again if you stop drinking. Do not waste your friends for drunkenness mistakes Many bad decisions come out of the window when you stop getting drunk, and as a result of making fewer bad decisions, your friends will love you more.
* I also come from a long line of alcoholics on my father's side. Fortunately, it did not work in my mother's family. We never drank while our children were at home and now they drink all ... more than others. We drink occasionally now. I can have a few beers with a steak and not think about it for weeks. My husband is the same. He never drank any more than Dr. Pepper until he was 60 and now, if he drinks, it's a little cooler.
* I think this personal story has increased the volume of an almost imperceptible voice in my own heart. I feel the invitation. Thank you for your wisdom, your honesty and your clarity in this slippery conversation. God protect you. I poured my remaining wine into the sink after reading this post, and I have not been drinking for a month. Thank you for spending the help of the Holy Spirit.
* We feel this because we always invite the group to our home. I do not want it to be a wedge, I want our relationship to grow, so that God's love will re-emerge in their lives. No advice? So good, Ron. Incredibly thoughtful, sincere, and truly honest. I am sending this essay to my therapist confreres to pass on to our patients who are dealing with this issue. It's hard not to go on with more compliments but I feel such peace every time I read your work.
* Decide right from the beginning of the week exactly when they will be. There is a way of waiting in the brain that ensures that you focus on what you get. Set your filters for the coming week to ensure success. Do not drink drinks on weekends in return for saving all your liquor units. Limited regular consumption is actually safer than an irregular diet. Just because you are entitled to one unit a day and you have not been drinking for two weeks, can not say fourteen units in one night!
The truth comes out on the table in this Addictive Addiction meeting from drugs, to an actual addiction to addiction meetings. Oh and Snakes and Ladders.