Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* I went back to university and got a second degree. I could not have done that if I was still drinking. You could turn your hobby into a career. Have the energy to win a promotion or change jobs or start your own business. How is your family? Will your wife be happy? Will your children be happy? If things are already broken, will you be able to reconcile? If you do not have a job or family, you will be stable enough to get them if you wish.
* I was surprised by the recoil I would receive from the believers who were now walking in "freedom" that I did not drink ... they just assumed I was walking in bondage ... but it was really freedom for me. During all these years, I have seen more and more drinking being part of all social gatherings ... I do not want to judge ... that just makes me think .. . Why? I like your comments, being a teenager in the '70s when the alcohol was cool, if you got it for everyone you were cool, then I saw the change afterwards the 70s, 80s and 90s blown.
* This morning, I entered a local church ... and guess what was the sermon? The last of a series on the Fruits of the Spirit, the fruit of today Self-control versus the use of doctors such as food / alcohol / alcohol. affluence, etc. Coincidence that I ended up in this church for this sermon? I do not think so! I laugh at myself and I felt a tender vulnerability inside ... knowing that the Holy Spirit is faithful and responds immediately to my prayers .. And thank you very much for your vulnerability in this post! I love how the Spirit is always up to something.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* But it seems that bartenders do not care, and maybe understand that you could be the "designated driver" or not drinking for some other reason. They may not have the same value in tips, but that does not seem to be the worst thing on earth for them. The hard part of alcohol is the way it behaves, and the alcohol's ability to inhibit judgment, which makes it "good if one is good, another must be better!".
* Put sobriety on a pedestal and do not remove it until you know that your problem is healed. Easier to say than to do, right? Whether alcohol is an important part of your social life, or just something that you and your band do from time to time, it will be difficult if your friends and family drink around you. The first step is to tell them that you just can not drink for a while. The second step is to cut off anyone with whom all you have done is drinking.
* I am a Christian who chooses not to drink for various reasons. I know that I can not do it conscientiously. I do not believe that others who drink are also in the sin. Thank you for sharing your point of view!. My friend sent me your link and I'm so glad she did it. I fight and some days I do not even remember why I stopped drinking. My husband told me yesterday "All you do is talk about how you quit drinking and AA.
* We all know that sleeping on the couch is not the same as having a good night's sleep, so it's no surprise that people who drink regularly often feel tired s and tired during the day. Maybe you think But I fall asleep faster and faster when I drink! That may be true, but it's only for a little while. A review of several studies has shown that even though alcohol helps you fall asleep faster and deeper in the beginning, the quality of your sleep suffers overall, leaving you tired of next day.
* If I can resign, you can do it! - After seven of my friends were and stopped easily, I could not ignore it. It's really easy. It really works and you do not gain weight. * Did you stop drinking with the method? So why not tell us your story or see what else you can do to help spread the word. Absolutely. When you leave with Allen Carr's Easyway, you do not feel like you're missing anything. It's almost like you've never drunk alcohol.
(503) 419-9899 http://PortlandDrugTreatmentCenters.com Drug Rehab Treatment Centers Portland 121 SW Salmon St 11th Floor Portland, OR 97204 Our …