Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* The Holy Spirit who touches you has a perfect meaning. Watch my own behaviors that do not serve me. What a beautiful reflection on the way the Spirit pushes us and grows. Thank you for giving words to "let go" and "give" that are held without legalism but are firm and stable. It's a type of grace. Thank you for sharing. Thank you, Lwill have Jean - it's a difficult tension to endure but learning to do it has been important, I agree.
* It may take a week or two, but after you stop drinking, you will end up sleeping better. According to the research, alcohol consumption increases the brain waves that usually occur when you are awake. In normal deep sleep, the cerebral activity is in delta waves. Consuming alcohol causes brain activity during sleep to occur in alpha waves. Alpha waves are usually only visible in the cerebral activity when we are awake, but we rest.
* You explained it beautifully. I think that belief has had a bad reputation in the church lately. I agree, even if I am guilty of this attitude / perception in some areas. I found it so interesting that even though it was so easy to stop drinking it was as you described it, a relief, it was harder to explain to other Christians. There is an unspoken feeling in the air that not to drink should be less "free".
* But I thought I could quibble. I was going to be the boss of Handling Your Liquor. I lived in a place called Beer City USA and I drank from time to time a single beer or a glass of wine. It was good. I was even given wine as a gift of ordination, for the sake of God! Ã ¢ â,¬ | then I moved to start a new job, and turned my whole life upside down. It was stressful and hard. It's stressful and hard and lonely.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* One of my most vivid childhood memories is that of my mom and dad standing out of Winnipeg with the last empty bottles, big smiles on their face then that my mother was paying them. The bottles made that glug-glug sound when the pour is too fast for opening. We made an opportunity of that moment as a family. It was a celebration, an important step that my sister and I did not understand, but we felt the relief in our home.
* They tolerated the French for thousands of years, but they could not handle a bus ride with an alcoholic in recovery. The stench is not the end of the world even if it smells exactly as you imagine the smell of the apocalypse. No, it's insomnia that is the first big kicker. For many hardcore drinkers, "falling asleep" and "vanishing" mean roughly the same thing. Personally, I have never had a blackout in a state of abstinence, but I always went to bed with a good deep buzz.
* I do not want to be part of it. I do not judge anyone who drinks moderately as their conscience allows. But like you, I feel frustrated when fellow Christians feel sorry for me as if my faith was the week because I am a litterist. It's quite the opposite. I know that God made wine and that goes for some. But I chose the higher way out of love for drug addicts or young people. We are called to be holy and set apart.
* By the way, some of them stopped drinking now and they did it by understanding plasticity, nutrition, feedback loops, etc. All about the video How do you see you without alcohol abuse? What will you do with your time? Will you build a better http//www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/how-to-stop-drinking-alcohol Try to stop drinking cold turkey, naturally, by yourself or from any other way you want to say it's not easy.
* I read other articles that were judged and motivated by fear why risk having one? And they just did not talk to me like this. If HG asks me to stop, of course I will, but it has not happened yet. So happy to read an article about thisubject who does not play the Holy Spirit for the rest of us. God blessed you with your writing talent and your way of writing without condemning. I am grateful for that.
* I am 27 years old and have not always made the best decisions in the past 12 years. I do not blame alcohol but I made those bad marksafter I was very drunk. After knowing that Jesus was the way for me, I began to feel many convictions that I was able to release and that was a blessing. On the subject of alcohol, I stopped drinking all together and I really felt the Lord telling me that it's not you anymore and I want you to lead by example.
What is a Treatment Plan & how do we make one? Today I talk about treatment plans and what therapists really do behind the scenes. I think it’s really important …