Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* Thank you for this beautifully conceived testimony of His power and gentle nudging in a life subject to His direction. I have seen family members who are believers and strong in their faith give their hearts, money and affection to alcohol "I need my glass of wine or bourbon in the after sunday to relax, "while my husband and I quietly withdrew.He and I had alcoholism on both sides of our family.For us, this is not worth the risk to our health.
* And, unfortunately, regarding the food dependency, the churches, even many places of recovery do not understand how much the dependence on food is serious especially sugar ... which of more and more reports show may be more addictive than cocaine. I have attended Christian Restoration meetings that also include Food Addict groups and yet after the MTG they serve desserts, etc., which most of us have 'Absent, just as an alcoholic abstains from alcohol.
* My personal relationship with Jesus has grown exponentially after giving up alcohol! Your message is so full of love, grace and acceptance and that's exactly what Jesus is all about! Thank you for sharing! Very good. Very connecting. Last month, I received a similar invitation. It was not alcohol, but entertainment that had always been "ok" and that was suddenly "not ok". I too was surprised at the experience of giving it up.
* And a bottle of wine - about four 175-ml glasses - has the same number of calories as more than two burgers and would take more than an hour to run away. There are about 200 calories in a pint of beer and about 230 calories in 100 grams of vodka. But, as these photos - which have been posted on Reddit - show, the spoils can be reversed.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* Whether you use an online support group, attend meetings or seek individual advice, it is possible to stop drinking for everyone. A year ago, Cheyne Kobzoff's life was nil. Difficult. Despite a loving wife, two children, and a great job as a chef in a local restaurant, the perennial drinker spent every miserable morning trying to eliminate the creeping thoughts of hating himself. from his perpetually hammering head.
* I do not have a problem with other people enjoying wine or a cocktail, but it's not fair to me. I think we should all be attentive to this little voice, knowing that He knows what is best for the United States. Thank you for that. No question that will help a lot of those who read it! Thank you for that, so well written ... that you see such balance and conviction at the same time. Thanks for sharing - I did not read any of your other articles - but this one was shared on facebook and it hit me like a brick in the face.
* In my soul, I could see the Holy Spirit practically jogging beside me to say once in a while "Are not you ready to put some more weight? I think it's time for you to stop this one. It's time to ask it. It seems to me that it gets heavier. No, no, I'm fine. I will continue like that. Everyone does it. It's good. We are all well. I'm fine. Look how good we are. I may sit on the side of the road for a moment to catch my breath.
* I praise God for the protection He has providentially given me in the form of my husband, even before knowing that it was ultimately for ME. I am an adult child of an alcoholic. In my youth, I have drunk a few times, but honestly, I can not afford to go. I fear that my addictive and compulsive personality will engage me in the same way as my father. I can not sacrifice my family and my life on the altar of a drink.
Azure Acres is a drug or alcohol rehabilitation center with primary focus on substance abuse treatment. Our experienced professionals can provide the highest …