Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* How it is written softly. I do not drink and I often thought that if I do it I will be addicted. I have another addiction - the food. As I read this, I began to feel God's thumb, and I know he's asking me to trust him, not food, to deal with the pain and the feelings. To use his love, no food. I can not imagine how many people you have touched, but you have surely touched me. Thank you, I will pray for you and I pray you, and all the friends who pray, to help me please pray for more faith and to want to put that burden of 150 pounds.
* So so grateful. So, one of you there in despair, that can be done. God will help you. I know what you mean in relation to the alcohol that starts not working. I can have wine and it does not make me feel like before. And it's as if we forget that the reason we continue to know in our hearts ... deep inside us, knowing we want to leave ... it's because it's God. God is in us. Just here ... not there as people tend to think about it.
* Will You Remember Things You've already gone out for a night of drinking and do not remember the night? Or maybe even did not remember pieces? Well, it will not happen again if you stop drinking. Do not waste your friends for drunkenness mistakes Many bad decisions come out of the window when you stop getting drunk, and as a result of making fewer bad decisions, your friends will love you more.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* Some damage can be reversed, while others can not. It is important to know which effects can not be reversed over time and those who can. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, "Abstaining from alcohol over several months to a year can allow structural changes in the brain to partially correct. Abstinence can also help reverse the negative effects on thinking skills, including problem solving, memory and attention.
* When I started going out with my husband, he nonchalantly mentioned that he was not drinking anymore once he became a Christian at the adult age. When I asked why, his answer surprised me. He said that it was because he did not want to drown the Holy Spirit for any reason whatsoever - or give Satan a holding potential. That was enough for me. I have never drunk wine or anything since. It's been more than 20 years.
* I thought that the way alcohol softened and blurred the limits of life would be missed. I thought I would be strange in dating. Quietly. Without much fanfare. It's been a while now. I just stopped one day and have not drunk anything since that day. The surprising thing for me is this it's been good. I did not miss it, I did not feel like a stranger, I did not feel any desire to drink. In fact, I noticed that my non-consumption allowed other people to stop.
* Reading this, I heard Ron encourage people to listen to the Holy Ghost for their personal calling whatever it is and even if this call is to stop doing something that is not to "dig the sin of the council", to listen and obey to experience a fulness and fulfillment in Christ. Why do you think I do not have? What I read was the standard Protestant routine of alcohol being a great spiritual problem.
When combined with alcohol, methadone increases the risk of cardiac problems and death. Discover more about why methadone and alcohol are a deadly …