Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* If you're drunk and you start to realize that your story is going to end with a bunch of your friends telling hilarious stories at your funeral, I promise you that it's really worth it to stop, despite All the bad things I described above. I have been a sober year since last week, and I have never felt better or more proud of myself in my life. And that year, I have not even woken up once with a rooster pulled over my face.
* Thank you for an excellent article - sister in Christ. It will be 6 years old this 18th of October. Six years ago, on that date, I woke up in the hallway in a pool of dried up vomit. I asked God to remove me from this way of life. I have not been drinking since. I did not even want to. It took 4 years to attend my first AA meeting here in this small town and I have been involved regularly ever since.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* I also have no problem with anyone who abstains. I also try to stock my fridge with fun non-alcoholic beverages every time my husband and I have a company so that whoever does not drink can always enjoy a selection of drinks. You make an important distinction in your essay, and another in your update. 1 What a sin for one is not a sin for all. 2 There is more than one holy way to liberate us from sin.
* I stopped drinking as part of the deal and did not touch things for ten years. I decided that I wanted to have wine with dinner as civilized adults. I wanted the nice glass of red next to me as I read my books. I wanted to know the world of wine the tastes, the bouquets, the tannins, the regions, all that. Brian started to appreciate the craft beer. He would buy six beers and it would last six months.
* "Well, she stopped drinking in a decision, so why can not I?" That's not the point. same thing. You take a burden that you do not have to bear. There is a big difference between sin and addiction - but you do not need to take any shame or condemnation for one or the other. If it is the sin, of course, like me, you can - in cooperation with the Holy Spirit - root out the root. And if it's an addiction, you could be released instantly and I pray for it!.
* The search for an addiction treatment may seem overwhelming. We know the fight, which is why we are qualified to help. Your call is confidential and there is no pressure to commit to treatment until you are ready. As a voluntary facility, we are here to help you heal - on your terms. Our only goal is to take you back to the healthy and sober life you deserve, and we are ready to wait to answer your questions or concerns.
* According to research, the most important impact of alcohol is on areas of the brain that are essential for learning and controlling impulses. While some of these changes may be permanent, especially for those who abuse alcohol for a prolonged period, there is hope. According to the National Institutes of Health, abstaining from alcohol for several months to a year can lead to a partial correction of certain structural changes in the brain that have been caused by alcohol and may also negate the negative effects on solving problems, memory and attention.
* Begin by drinking with friends to drink gradually alone and feel lonely in ourselves. It can become a vehicle by which we feed a void, a punishment and a penance. A kind of self-mortification socially accepted. It can certainly become anything. Stopping drinking is just part of the process of choice, "My sober, tempered self is fine and does not need to be empowered by another vehicle to be friendly or to have fun.
Click here to download my FREE meditation: https://meditationmasterysecrets.com/free-meditation Join me on WebTalk. The New social media platform: …