Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* I'm not saying that my family is perfect nobody is, but our relationships are genuine and healthy. I can bike 100 miles in less than 6 hours and bench press well over 200 pounds. I read at least two books a week and I spend a lot of time with my children. Drinking may not work for everyone. But that never stopped me. Let us not delude ourselves into thinking that we know the plan of God though if we were to guess that they would clearly conclude that God's plan is for me to drink based on positive results.
* Without alcohol in the body, it is a carcinogen to worry less. The National Cancer Institute has linked excessive alcohol consumption to an increased risk of several cancers, including mouth, liver, breast, bowel and rectal cancer. Without alcohol in the body, it is a carcinogen to worry less. In a small study led by New Scientist and the Institute of Liver Health and Digestion at University College London Medical School, abstaining from alcohol for a month resulted in a decrease average of 15% of the liver fat.
* We talked about it openly with them from the beginning, because they noticed that there was alcohol in the other houses, but not in ours. I'm grateful that they did not see the need to experiment because I know that for some, it only takes one drink Yes, our media culture social, even in the church or nowadays I feel almost entirely in the church, has become one of the messages about wine and how wonderful it is. know that as believers we have the freedom to take some wine for the stomach as long as we are not drunk.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* But I thought I could quibble. I was going to be the boss of Handling Your Liquor. I lived in a place called Beer City USA and I drank from time to time a single beer or a glass of wine. It was good. I was even given wine as a gift of ordination, for the sake of God! Ã ¢ â,¬ | then I moved to start a new job, and turned my whole life upside down. It was stressful and hard. It's stressful and hard and lonely.
* You learn why you love your friends? You will see that some friends were only friends with whom you had drunk and drunk. These friends are not likely to be trailing. You will discover who your true friends are and learn to know you better.
* Some people refer to the first two weeks or months as sober as the "pink cloud" phase, where you experience unexpected access to intense exaltation. Did that scare you? I would be in a shop waiting in line when suddenly this overwhelming feeling of being so happy would come on me. I felt physically happy to the point of almost crying. I have never felt anything like that before. Did you burst into a song in the middle of the queue? Laughs I do not think so, but I definitely let out more than a couple of woo-hoos while driving.
* Whenever you reach a recovery milestone, Nomo puts a chip to celebrate your success and keep you motivated. You can track the time and money saved on the app, as well as share your successes and new chips on social media. Your sobriety clock can also be shared with your accountability partner, so they can check your situation and see how long you have been clean. AlcoDroid is an application that tracks alcohol consumption and can be used as a drink journal and calculator to determine alcohol levels.
* You explained it beautifully. I think that belief has had a bad reputation in the church lately. I agree, even if I am guilty of this attitude / perception in some areas. I found it so interesting that even though it was so easy to stop drinking it was as you described it, a relief, it was harder to explain to other Christians. There is an unspoken feeling in the air that not to drink should be less "free".
* You still destroy your body and, more importantly, you destroy the Temple of God! I was twelve when the older kids asked me to take the school bus. "Do you want a brake?" I said, "No thanks!" When asked why I proclaimed "Because my dad stopped smoking" when I was eight! Of course, I was raised in a christian house where alcohol did not even exist. My experience with the drink has been of very short duration.
“Dr. B Kapur, Psychiatrist, Columbia Asia, Hospital Bangalore, India talks about the treatment and management of alcoholism. As per Dr. Kapur, not everyone …