Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* I always struggled with the young man of the Bible who wanted to be saved and Jesus told him to give everything and follow him. Does this mean that we should all sell all our earthly goods or we are not saved? No ... Jesus knew that the possessions were a fortress and a stumbling block in the life of this particular young man and that he was always going to stand between him and a relationship with Jesus.
* The search for an addiction treatment may seem overwhelming. We know the fight, which is why we are qualified to help. Your call is confidential and there is no pressure to commit to treatment until you are ready. As a voluntary facility, we are here to help you heal - on your terms. Our only goal is to take you back to the healthy and sober life you deserve, and we are ready to wait to answer your questions or concerns.
* Stopping drinking with Andrew Johnson uses hypnotherapy, relaxation, visualization and positive suggestion to enable you to make positive decisions and achievements. Although not strictly an application for alcoholism, Happify helps you overcome the negative moods that lead to unhealthy behaviors. Anxiety and depression increase the risk of becoming a heavy drinker, and Happify provides the tools you need to take control of your emotional well-being, which can, at its most turn, help you stay sober.
* So, what are you doing? Crack open the beer, unleash the wine or have that first pinch of whiskey? There was a time when you did not drink every day. When you were a child, you had not considered drinking before going to bed. You knew exactly how to relax and relax without alcohol. Maybe you have had a particularly stressful time in your life and you have "irrigated" your drinking problems. He numbed the bad feelings or simply helped you to go out and go to sleep.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* My first birthday to say Yes to God is March 27th! I thought every thought you had ... BUT GOD is so much bigger than my doubts. I never looked back. He held my hand and led me to Him. Happy Birthday!! I drink with a coffee! When I even have a sip of alcohol, I have a reaction and not in a good way. If people haveIn this experiment, they would not have a hard time getting out of it.
* Find other ways to slow down. Try a relaxing bath, soft music. Call a friend Try yoga, meditation, tai chi or knitting. There are so many ways to relax at the end of the day. Be creative. Finally, build the relapse into your recovery model and do not fight too fast if you do not reach your goal right away. Changing behavior may take time for some people. If you enjoy yourself and regret it afterwards, learn from your mistakes.
* I am a Christian who chooses not to drink for various reasons. I know that I can not do it conscientiously. I do not believe that others who drink are also in the sin. Thank you for sharing your point of view!. My friend sent me your link and I'm so glad she did it. I fight and some days I do not even remember why I stopped drinking. My husband told me yesterday "All you do is talk about how you quit drinking and AA.
* Alcohol makes white blood cells less effective at fighting bad bacteria. The liver is responsible for the breakdown of alcohol in our bodies, which causes horrible toxins. Over time, the liver becomes overloaded with toxins and a build-up of fat, leading to steatose or "fatty liver", which is an early sign of liver disease. A fatty liver can lead to hepatitis, fibrosis and cirrhosis. By drinking alcohol, we damage our heart and weaken our muscles.
“Everything in moderation” is a pretty good rule to live by, especially where alcohol is concerned. Too much booze can increases the risk of a heart attack or …