Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* As if you deserved a medal or something like that. I grew up with alcoholics, my mother drinks another 2 bottles of wine a day. So, in my world, I deserve a medal. I find it interesting when people who do not have a drinking problem are quick to judge those who do it ... even our spouses. This essay could have been written about me. I read it when a friend posted it. It was personally a conviction for me and it made me make some changes.
* You may think "But I fall asleep always faster when I drink! It may be true, but it's only for a little while. A review of several studies has shown that even though alcohol helps you fall asleep faster and deeper in the beginning, the quality of your sleep suffers overall, leaving you tired of next day. So, even if you have trouble falling asleep at the beginning when you stop drinking, you will be refreshed the next day.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* We feel this because we always invite the group to our home. I do not want it to be a wedge, I want our relationship to grow, so that God's love will re-emerge in their lives. No advice? So good, Ron. Incredibly thoughtful, sincere, and truly honest. I am sending this essay to my therapist confreres to pass on to our patients who are dealing with this issue. It's hard not to go on with more compliments but I feel such peace every time I read your work.
* Raise your hand. Tell someone. We need you, I promise. Your life is worth saving. And we will all encourage you. I love you more and more. Glad you wrote this follow up. So graceful. You have won the heart of another new reader, who aspires to write as beautifully as you. God bless you Oh, Ron this may be better than the original post! With that, you not only think about your original message but also the impact that message has had on your readers and beyond.
* I do not drink very often, maybe a handful of times a year, but many people I know, regardless of their faith, have suggested that I would have more friends if I went to more places that served alcohol. They say that it simply encourages people to open up more often than they do otherwise and that their friends who drink are friendships much deeper than their superficial friendships.
* It's funny how God works. I actually told my husbandtoday that I felt like God was asking me to stop drinking. I do not drink much, but I drink and honestly lately I drank to see if I had more joy. I do not have and I have strong beliefs that for me I have to stop. I like the way you said that some things that felt now do not do it anymore. That is exactly what I feel. The closer I get to Jesus, the more he asks me.
* Or maybe you have made a habit of sharing a bottle of wine with your partner from time to time. Then, it turned into a night habit. Anyway, a little of what you like is good for you. Right? A headache tablet might be helpful. A whole bottle will certainly not be. A little exercise is really good for you. Doing too much can cause injury. We all need water but too much is going to unbalance the electrolytes in your brain and could even kill you!.
* Decide right from the beginning of the week exactly when they will be. There is a way of waiting in the brain that ensures that you focus on what you get. Set your filters for the coming week to ensure success. Do not drink drinks on weekends in return for saving all your liquor units. Limited regular consumption is actually safer than an irregular diet. Just because you are entitled to one unit a day and you have not been drinking for two weeks, can not say fourteen units in one night!
If you’re new, Subscribe! → http://bit.ly/Subscribe-to-The-List There are plenty of reasons to quit drinking alcohol. Perhaps you can’t party as hard as you once …