Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* In addition, I think what she says is that we need to be aware of the "weaker neighbor" at Romans 15. This is not just about drinking, either. This could include eating, smoking, swearing ... We have grace and freedom AMEN, but we are also supposed to value others more than us Phil 2 3. That's a good point. Just to clarify There is certainly nothing wrong with not drinking, but the spirit clearly prompts some people to drink and enjoy, in my case 15-20 glasses a week most weeks without consequences.
* We have a number of programs that will allow you to stop drinking easily, without pain and without the need of will. It has been described as "a real way to stop drinking". Easyway does not focus on the inconveniences of drinking - drinkers already know everything about these. Instead, the method answers the question "What's great about being a drinker?" Understanding that it's the key to being liberated.
* I felt lighter, more free, when I did not celebrate "it's five o'clock somewhere." I'm not saying I'll never have another cocktail, but it will not be more a thing of the day. For all the reasons you write above. Beautiful. To post. I like the sincere rawness ... Thank you for having the courage to stop. Thank you for being brave enough to share. Your obedience helps us to obey too.
* If you are wondering how to stop drinking, remember that there are many resources available. Options include drugs to treat alcoholism, special intensive treatment programs, and advice on alcohol dependence. "... there are many medications on the market that can be used to treat alcohol abuse." If you want to know how to stop drinking alcohol and how to The methods you have tried do not work, know that there are many medications on the market that can be used to treat alcohol abuse.
More Advice On Giving Up Alcohol....
* I had those uncontrollable cravings for drinking and I had already tried to stop, but it never worked. But I wanted to be obedient. I wanted to stop. And I'm not kidding. That was it. I did not drink anymore and I stopped smoking. The intense desire to drink was gone. The temptation was gone. If I had a bad day, I looked for a Bible verse, I prayed, whatever. It's nothing miraculous. I am so grateful that God cares so much that he did not give up and finally reached out and made me stop.
* Well, it has gotten deeper and deeper over the years - about fifteen of them. I was Christian through all this, having been baptized in the Navy 21 years old, and one day at church, a woman invited me to accompany him this afternoon to see a new support group nearby. None of us knew what we would find there. My intention was to join a group so that I could help my husband to end his dependence on alcohol.
* If alcohol makes you gain weight, once you stop, it may be easier to lose weight. A review published in Physiology & Behavior in 2010 notes that drinking alcohol before or during meals tends to increase the number of calories consumed during the meal, so do not drink alcohol during meals can help you lose weight . Alcohol calories seem most likely to affect weight in people who do not drink often or in overweight people or who eat a high-fat diet, notes another review published in Critical Reviews in 2005 in Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
* I just want to say thank you for sharing. You have formulated so many things that I have thought or felt so beautifully. Thank you for your honesty and your ability to be counter-cultural in some way. We forget so often that obedience to God means freedom. Yes, that's exactly how Alcoholics Anonymous works. Sharing the way you have, from person to person, face to face, that's what allowed me to stay sober for more than 27 years.
* I noticed this recently and felt the need to engage in this kind of discussion. As always, thank you for being obedient to the Spirit and for gently reminding us of the freedom that can be forsaken. Great statement in the article - and great to have it quoted again here. Our American society is pushing alcohol - and sometimes we do not even notice it. While we ban other drugs and ban advertising on drugs like tobacco, alcohol is given a full pass.
* It is not, however, impossible. It is easier to stop drinking alcohol than to continue. Hangovers are misery. Compared to them, stopping alcohol consumption is not so bad. We have just been told that this is the case. And you did not have the tools and training to stop drinking by yourself. This program will give you these tools and, if not, send it back for a refund. You can stop drinking without AA or any other group, if you do not want to be involved with them.
“My boyfriend documented his first 30 days without drinking alcohol and the changes were so much more than I ever expected…” Alcohol & Skin Redness …